Mgr, Warehouse- Novi, Michigan - M - F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Responsible for supporting operational excellence, cost adherence and process control of Supply Chain Management and Material Management practices for the Health and Wellness business unit. This is a highly complex as well as time and cost sensitive function within the H&W business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage supplies and equipment utilization, building assets, and capital for all warehouse sites.
• Act as liaison between requisitioners and the corporate Purchasing Operations Center (POC), including but not limited to: requisition review, open order tracking, backorder resolution, problem resolution, supplier input, management of product quality issues, returns, and damaged goods.
• Ensure all key performance indicators (KPI’s) meet or exceed targets including order fulfilment accuracy, internal turn-around-times, inventory accuracy and labor productivity targets, etc..
• Effectively manage inventories and replenishment processes through the corporate Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
• Develop and manage direct reports in all supply chain areas including print services, planning, inventory management, asset management, and cost analysis to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
• Utilize lean/Six Sigma tools to drive year-over-year reductions in supply and service costs through continuous improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with Corporate Procurement, Health & Wellness functional leadership, and laboratory departments to develop systems and processes to enhance warehouse supply management.
• Interface with Health & Wellness leadership team members assuring proper material management support of key initiatives including new business acquisition, major platform changes, new facility start-ups, and consolidations.
• Utilize various tools, reports, and other information to aid the warehouse team in effectively managing and reducing supply costs.
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of Warehouse Materials Management policies and practices.
• Work with Procurement to negotiate supplier contracts. Assist in developing supplier relationships to improve cost, quality, and delivery of all supplied products.
• Effectively manage use of customized logistics software to optimize transportation deliveries. Lead enhancement efforts to improve software with IT and Product.
• Manage and support customized equipment needs such as IPADs, LDX, and Cardiochek with skilled personnel and essential facility needs. The lead voice of Logistics for enhancing customized product offerings with vendors and other functional teams.
• Develop the warehouse facility though CAPEX and repair expenditures as needed to meet business and process needs. Works with other functional teams to support facility needs for the business unit. Works directly with contractors to oversee plans, schedules, and workmanship.
• Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, Compliance, OSHA, CLIA, etc. policies and procedures.
• Direct reports include three supervisors managing 30-35 employees
Education: • Bachelor’s degree required.
Work Experience: • At least 7 years’ experience in purchasing/supply chain management and operations environments.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisor/manager experience required.
Physical and Mental Requirements: • Ability to move/transport 40+ lbs.
• Ability to push, pull, and reach above and below.
• Stand and bend in tight spaces.
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions.
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
• Maintain composure under pressure.
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Using effective verbal and written communication.
• Able to identify and solve problems; analytical skills.
• Results oriented. Ability to set high standards and achieve them.
Technical Training or Professional Licensing • Lean/Six Sigma greenbelt certification or equivalent experiences a plus.
• APICS certification a plus.
Other: • Knowledge of supply chain planning techniques, statistical modeling, and forecasting.
• Ability to form strong team-based relationships with both internal and external partners and customers.
• Knowledge of the diagnostic testing/pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent and purchasing-related systems.
• General knowledge of industry related issues in transportation, specimen handling, customer support, supply chain management and use of technology in logistics a plus.
• Understanding of financial concepts (budget, forecasting, and variance analysis) and associated tools.