The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Microbiologist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and complex Microbiology laboratory procedures and/or specialized technical, administrative services requiring application of equivalent technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
M-F 2nd shift from 11am- 7:30pm
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine sample testing.
- Processes samples for microbiological analyses; this may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus.
- Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as media or live cultures to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related record keeping.
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments.
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines.