Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball, we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects, they are passionate about. We have the tools and the mentors you will need to take yourself to the next level.
Battelle is seeking Mid-Level Reverse Engineers in the Columbus, OH office location.
- Performs assignments of a routine degree of complexity by compiling and evaluating design and test data, preparing technical specifications, analyzing technical data to determine appropriate limits and variables for electrical/electronic systems, components, equipment, and networks.
- Assists in the interpretation of results and writing of small sections of technical reports.
- Completes assigned project work within schedule and budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years of experience, or master’s degree in related field with 2 years of experience or PhD; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- Ability to understand/code in C, C++, or C#
- Familiarity with an assembly language (x86, x64, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC)
- Automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with OS internals
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security clearance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in small fast paced team environments
- Passion and drive to constantly need to improve your skill-set
- Experience with network protocols
- Experience working with disassemblers such as IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, or radare2
- Experience with debugging programs with tools like gdb or QIRA
- Experience creating reliable crash test cases
- Experience creating automated, scalable, reverse engineering tools and pipelines
- Experience using fuzzing tools such as AFL or Peach
- Concolic analysis research and implementation
- Experience emulating embedded platforms for live debugging
- Active Secret security clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers