Midrange Console Operator
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
The Midrange Console Operator Provide second level support for local and remote automation and transportation systems for users on applications, hardware and software. Daily activities will include:
- Incident resolution, incident escalation, event management / facilitation, incident follow up, incident logging, root cause and trending analysis, performing system checks, proactively monitoring of the IT systems in the 24 x 7 Worldport / Airline environments.
- Responsibilities of the Worldport Computer room, and performing the beginning of day / end of day environment administration for the Critical Sort Systems.
- Deliver technical support over the phone in a second-level proactive monitoring / resolution environment.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply complex technical information and processes.
The work schedule for this role is: Monday - Friday 11:00 pm - 07:00 am.
- Intermediate experience with TCP/IP, LAN Technologies, Windows Operating System, Citrix and Microsoft Office
- Information technology experience with networking or desktop support on Windows Operating Systems
- Technical knowledge of hardware and software
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or the equivalent in work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law