Moderator / Qualitative Consultant – Auto & Mobility
The Auto & Mobility team at Escalent is growing from a good research partner, and a trusted advisor, to the absolute recognized experts in the spaces that matter to our clients. There's been a lot of success from our new products in the past year, and the team exceeded sales goals in a tough 2020 environment. In order to fully capitalize on this momentum, we are seeking to add an Auto industry savvy Qualitative Moderator to join our excellent qualitative team.
Who are you?
- You’re an energetic and versatile moderator who’s adept at keeping participants engaged throughout long days, and still have the stamina to debrief with clients immediately thereafter.
- You are passionate about the Auto industry, and particularly savvy with new vehicles and competitive models
- You are experienced enough to anticipate the clients’ questions and able to naturally go after insights without relying on a guide or script.
- You’ve had experience with traditional and emerging qualitative methods, and you have a full tool kit from which to draw when designing qualitative solutions.
- You stay current with, emerging trends in both the automotive industry and strategies for communicating insights.
- You are able to share top-of-mind take-aways with clients immediately after the last group
- You’ve applied your moderating talents in the auto industry for at least 5 years, and are at the point where clients specifically request you to moderate their projects.
- You’re looking for an opportunity that will allow you to contribute to business development without being solely responsible for hitting a number.
- You love having responsibility for synthesizing findings, developing a story and presenting results.
A few other key points…
While we are looking for somebody with a strong individual skills and experience, your ability to connect with our exceptional people and clients is going to be a big deciding factor.
The team you’d work with is primarily based in Michigan. You don’t have to be in the office, but ideally, live close enough to travel to client locations in the Metro Detroit area.
If you like what you’ve heard so far, we’d like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we’re seeking in case you wish to have more detail.
- Effectively frame clients’ thinking about the business issues they are facing.
- Lead or co-lead the research design process, including project specifications, pricing, creation of screener and discussion guide, research methodology, analysis planning and delivery of insights.
- Develop/co-develop and retain client relationships at multiple levels within clients’ organizations.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes and technologies
- Quickly establish rapport with clients and interviewees
- Organize and oversee fast-moving projects with lots of moving parts
- Independently author and deliver storytelling narratives, interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed insight and guidance into clients’ hearts and minds.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field (e.g., market research, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or other related field). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have 5+ years moderating research in the automotive industry.
- Must be a quick study and creative problem solver
- Excellent written, visual and oral communications.
- Passionate about understanding people, culture, markets and uncovering how things really work.
- Willing to work flexible hours and periodic overtime to accommodate project requirements
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects and clients simultaneously
- NOTE: This position requires heavy travel.
- Customer service oriented
- High energy
- Intelligent and perceptive
- Strong leadership presence
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.