Moderator / Qualitative Consultant (Generalist) – (location flexible)
Our Qualitative Center of Excellence (CoE) provides eye-opening insights, action-oriented recommendations, and inspired ideas to our clients through the use of leading-edge, inductive approaches. Our clients turn to us for strategic guidance on how they should navigate through an ever-evolving landscape and future. Internally, our Qualitative CoE serves as a source of thought leadership, product innovation, training, and best practices.
To fully serve our external and internal clients, we are seeking to add a Moderator/Qualitative consultant to join our CoE team.
Who are you?
- You’re an enthusiastic qualitative practitioner who thrives on variety and the opportunity to work with a broad array of clients.
- You’re excited by the prospect of expanding your moderating toolkit with new approaches and techniques, and enjoy situations that call for non-traditional approaches or out-of-the-box thinking.
- You stay current with emerging trends and strategies for communicating insights.
- You enjoy having responsibility for analyzing and synthesizing findings, developing a story and presenting results.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to partner with account managers and contribute to business development activities without being solely responsible for hitting a number.
A few other key points…
Your ability to make compelling recommendation, craft impactful stories, and create visual deliverables is a key determining factor.
You would work as part of a larger team that provides consultative, cross-methodology insights, and provides outstanding client service.
If you like what you’ve heard so far, we’d like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we’re seeking in case you wish to have more detail.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes and technologies, with IDIs being a primary methodology.
- Effectively frame clients’ thinking about the business issues they are facing.
- Key contributor in the authoring and delivery of storytelling narratives, interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed insight and guidance into clients’ hearts and minds.
- Lead or co-lead the research design process, including project specifications, pricing, creation of screener and discussion guide, research methodology, analysis planning and delivery of insights.
- Develop/co-develop and retain client relationships at multiple levels within clients’ organizations.
- Contribute to thought leadership, point-of-view pieces and our award-winning blog (escalent.co/thinking/blog)
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, market research, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communications, journalism, or other related field). An advanced degree is a bonus.
- Ideally would have 1 – 3 years of moderating research experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas/industries: Automotive, Consumer/Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, or Technology.
- Must be a quick study and creative problem solver
- Passionate about understanding people, culture, markets and uncovering how things really work.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours and periodic overtime to accommodate project requirements
- Excellent written, visual and oral communications.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects and clients simultaneously
NOTE: This position may require moderate to heavy travel.
- Customer service oriented
- Intelligent and perceptive
- Strong leadership presence
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.