Solution Architect Application Modernization
As the Application Modernization Solutions Architect you are responsible for understanding our next generation application architecture and the consolidated implications of those solutions across all Clayton business units. Working closely with all Clayton Solutions Architects, you will ensure that solutions designed for legacy applications to migrate to future state solutions are aligned and consistent across the board, and planned in a collaborative way - considering dependencies across teams. A large component of this role will be to engage delivery teams to create plans which enable teams to “change the wheels while the car is in motion”. In this role, you will be a part of Clayton’s Modernization team, but closely aligned to the Solution Architecture team: a group of thought leaders responsible for technology architecture and standards (SaaS, Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.). Other duties include: Developing macro architectures (conceptual view) diagrams, Software Architecture Documents, participating in architecture forums, publishing technology strategies and presenting to technology leaders and business executives, providing thought leadership around technical solutions, and collaborating with other architects on creating cross-domain solutions.
Solutions Architects work as team members alongside the development managers, portfolio managers, product owners, and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting-edge team respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support.
If you consider yourself someone whom developers, leads, and architects want to work with and you have the uncanny ability to drive a compelling long-term vision this is an opportunity to create modern applications that will prepare Clayton for the future. This role entails hands-on experience in modern architecture strategies and requires deep interest and experience in software platforms.
- Ability to drive strategy through influence with leadership qualities which developers and architects recognize and respect.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Experience and successful modernization at large corporations (re-platforming, re-hosting and service enablement) - experience with IBM iSeries technology modernization is preferred
- Ability to lead a team through the architecting of future state and the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables – project management experience is a plus
- Ability to innovate and lead explorations into new technologies and strategies.
- Experience with performance engineering and educating teams on non-functional requirements to achieve web scale
- Experience with DevOps tools and workflows such as Jira, GIT, Octo or equivalents
- Ability to design patterns for moving from legacy environments to cloud and influence strategic direction
- Experience in developing middle ware applications using a variety of modern technologies
- Ability to evaluate new technologies, stay current with a broad range of industry trends.
- Knowledge of the distributed technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends.
- Knowledge of API (REST, SOAP).
- Knowledge of .Net and Java.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long-term impact on the company
- Ability to develop and participate in community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership.
- A software engineering background.
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Clayton, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit.
• 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
• Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
• Paid Time Off days and holidays
• Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
• On-site restaurant
• Team Share Quarterly Bonus
You will find much more information about Clayton by visiting our career site at:
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
Job Category: Information Technology