This position will be responsible for molding and over molding cables in varies lengths (12.5 to 100 meter or more), along with other products, and maintaining the molding equipment. Qualified candidates must have extensive "hands on" experience in a Machine Shop environment (molding, sheet metal, welding, etc). Knowledge of plastic injection molding machines and processes is a plus. Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to follow directions (verbal and written); and communicate effectively (verbal).
- Run molding machine as part of a team, to build large complex products
- Physically assist with moving molds and new products (over 35 to 50 pounds)
- Perform set-up and troubleshoot injection molding process
- Assist with accurate measuring and mixing of chemicals
- Perform shop clean up in and around the molding areas.
- Daily machine maintenance
- Minimum of three years of experience in a machine shop
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to safely manipulate, lift, move, carry, push, and pull 25-75 pounds, with assistance
- Willing to learn and follow specific processes consistently and accurately
- Knowledge of a variety of material variations and can apply processing principles to polyurethane
- Excellent communication skills
- Two year technical degree or four years of manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.