Quest Diagnostics and Desert Pathology Medical Group are searching for a:
Molecular Pathologist – San Juan Capistrano, CA
The Molecular Pathologist will be responsible for interpreting and reporting results from primarily molecular and genomic assays in the oncology setting.
The Molecular Oncology laboratory has a diverse menu of tests, with wide technology utilization ranging from PCR platforms to the latest sequencers. The menu includes tests that cover solid tumor malignancies and hematologic malignancies and includes both single gene tests and large NGS panels, and quantitative assays. There are active assay builds in plasma-based testing for cancer, in MRD and HRD related testing. The lab services academic centers, hospitals, oncology and pathology practices across the U.S and international sites.
The San Juan Capistrano site is in Orange County, CA, south of the greater LA Metropolitan area and is part of a Quest’s Advanced Diagnostics site, with other high-complexity labs in genetics, cytogenetics, biochemical genetics among others co-located onsite enabling highly productive collaborations.
Responsibilities includes accountability for meeting established quality and productivity measures and working together collaboratively with lab operations to coordinate testing and reporting. This position also requires frequent interaction with clients to provide clinical and pathological consultations. Regular participation in quality control, quality assurance, compliance, marketing and staff education are also required. Active participation in assay development activities and cross-functional meetings is encouraged.
1. Reads and interprets results for medical use accurately and in a timely manner.
2. Routinely communicates with supervisors/managers and technical staff to ensure smooth completion of operational expectations.
3. Available to customers, client services and staff for client consultations.
4. Collection of medical information required for interpretations.
5. Case follow-up, documentation, LIMS and database management
6. Resolves problems internally through effective interaction and communications with lab staff, IT and bioinformatics, and externally with clients via phone call or other means of communication.
7. Insures ethical and legal compliance regarding testing and confidentiality.
8. Participates in the development of educational materials for staff as well as serves as a resource for technical staff.
9. Actively participates in the Hematology-Oncology Departmental meetings.
10. Assists Marketing and Sales to promote testing related to hematology-oncology testing.
11. Provides support for R & D to validate and learn newly developed assays.
12. Education of staff and community as directed.
1. M.D. degree
2. Board certification or eligibility in anatomic and/or clinical pathology.
3. Subspecialty training and board certification in molecular genetic pathology required.
4. Subspecialty training in hematology or surgical pathology or other related discipline is desirable but not required.
5. California Medical License required and New York State DOH COQ in Oncology preferred.
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
7. Demonstrated decision-making, leadership and organizational skills.
8. Keeps up with current literature, medical and laboratory news pertaining to oncology and related medical disciplines.
9. Ability to work as part of a team and in cross-functional teams to further high-quality cancer diagnostics.
Please Log In/Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts.
Inquiries can be directed to:
Brian Kazan [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]