Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KMTR is seeking an experienced and creative Morning News Anchor to join our newscast.
In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be a team leader. We are looking for someone with solid experience both on the desk and in field, the ability to adlib in breaking news situation, has outstanding work ethic, someone with a positive-can-do attitude, is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role! This position calls for a fully engaged anchor who comes in every day with enterprise story ideas and who is ready to jump in and write scripts, post content to our multiple digital platforms, and help wherever needed. We need someone willing to help mentor and grow producers and reporters who are just starting their career. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. This person should be a strong writer, a creative storyteller, active on all news platforms, inquisitive and works well with others. We are looking for a leader, a self-starter, someone who can generate/maintain contacts within the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas
- Must be able to field anchor and report
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and on a flexible schedule
- Recognize and embrace an anchor's newsroom leadership responsibilities
- Support and encourage a staff of talented reporters and other TV news professionals
- Work with show producers on News Content and Format
- Be willing and able to produce and edit shows
- The ability to be a command presence on the desk and in the field
- A strong involvement and understanding of social media
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Consistently bring new ideas and scripts to meetings to advance the station and client campaigns.
- Work with sales management and Marketing Consultants to create a mutually beneficial relationship with clients in the community
- Participate as a station representative to the public at marketing events and radio station partner events like concerts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must have 2 or more years of on-air experience as an anchor
- Previous experience producing is preferred
- Experience with iNEWS and Avid Editing is a plus
- Considerable live shot experience
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- The ability to routinely lift, carry, and move equipment in excess of 20 lbs.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in broadcast production is a must
We're looking for someone who understands showcasing the big story of the night, someone capable of breaking out elements to create bigger coverage, and someone that understands fast-paced, compelling content is the only way to retain viewers in an increasingly competitive time period.
When applying on-line, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.