Under limited supervision, the Mortgage Analyst and Trainer (Operations) provides a wide range of support duties related to the day-to-day functions of the Mortgage Operations department including but not limited to administrative, clerical, operations, reporting and training support to the department as needed. Acts as the main facilitator for communications between the Mortgage operations staff, internal departments and vendors. Generates reports, provides analysis of data and findings regarding all loan activities to Mortgage leadership. Reviews system and process workflows to identify and recommend operational efficiencies.
- Provides a full complement of clerical, administrative, reporting and pipeline management support and related resources to the Operations team including but not limited to set-up, processing, underwriting or closing functions.
- Analysis and reporting of department production results. Provides daily and monthly reporting on all loan activities to VP Mortgage Lending Operations, Underwriting and Loan Servicing.
- Responsible for training on Encompass system and evaluating user processes for improved efficiencies including maintaining reporting and assisting with assigning daily loans. Makes recommendation related to system and process efficiencies. Schedules and tracks individual and team training requirements and completion on a regular basis (organizational and mortgage compliance). Evaluates strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs.
- Navigational training and assisting with support of processors, loan set up, and closers. Responsible for onboarding new team members. Training includes all internal and third-party systems.
- Stays up-to-date with applicable regulations and compliance. Point person to support creating and maintaining department procedures and work flows.
- Assist in evaluating issues, analyze root causes and derive solutions on loans in process.
- Assist VP Mortgage Lending Operations, Underwriting and Loan Servicing in coordinating monthly staff meetings, staff travel and conference events. Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities. Supports special projects as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- 3 years’ experience providing mortgage operations support to include experience in multiple areas of the mortgage industry (e.g., processing, funding or set-up) and/or related mortgage experience working in a financial institution.
- Solid grammar and spelling
- Business writing style
- Filing systems
- Good knowledge of financial institutions and strong understanding of mortgage lending products and procedures.
- Solid knowledge of mortgage guidelines and compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate reports and analyze, evaluate and interpret data to identify risks, issues and trends and provide sound recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to act professional when
- communicating with other staff, credit union members, and vendors by telephone or by written communication
Effectively builds relationships with team members, members and external partners to support business development efforts.
Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work under limited supervision.
Proficiency with PC and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
2-year college degree (related) or equivalent