Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Help Desk Analyst at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that PenFed Mortgage employees receive exceptional service and technical support. This position is responsible for providing first level response and will follow escalation procedures to assign incidents/requests to the appropriate Mortgage teams.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Mortgage employees who are requesting service or reporting problems. Provide excellent customer service while fulfilling requests and providing support, which frequently involves simultaneously processing calls, working tickets, instant messaging with internal customers and processing e-mail correspondence.
- Resolve problems and fulfill requests in a timely manner and facilitate first contact resolution utilizing technical expertise and knowledge base information. Escalate in a timely manner when first contact resolution is not possible.
- Research questions/requests received via various member feedback channels.
- Communicate proper process for range of Mortgage products and services.
- May work with members directly by phone and email to close the loop when issues are reported.
- Troubleshoot basic Mortgage IT problems for employees on various software applications and partner with IT when appropriate.
- Record all information associated with incidents, problems and/or requests in the Help Desk ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a high level of familiarity with PenFed systems and services in order to accurately provide first level support, and escalate appropriately.
- Provide input to and participate in writing Help Desk team documentation.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Run reports to analyze common questions, issues and concerns.
- Provide training to other employees on troubleshooting or diagnosing problems.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred and/or a combination of education and experience which meet the requisite skill level.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Mortgage position is preferred.
- Knowledge of Encompass, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite products, is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
Limited travel to various worksites is possible.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.