This position is responsible for providing a high level of member service in the origination of residential first and second mortgages via telephone inquiries, walk-ins, and referrals from branches, employees, realtors and builders. Adds value to the organization by adding assets to the Credit Union’s portfolio and loans for sale in the secondary market.
- Originates mortgage loans. Takes mortgage applications by phone or in person as acceptable by members. Meets monthly origination and closing goals. Actively solicits mortgage lending business. Knowledgeable of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Underwriting and private mortgage insurance guidelines. Makes loan product recommendations to members, understanding various rate/point scenarios. Understands all aspects of mortgage loan origination, including product, underwriting, and compliance and documentation requirements. Works in the field developing external relationships with members, realtors and other business partners.
- Responds to member inquiries. Providing consultative services to members; to explain various mortgage products, comparing the products to assist in meeting member needs.
- Initiates member rate lock requests to the secondary marketing representative. Determines timing of loan delivery to secondary market. Understands the correlation of loan sales to the organizations bottom line.
- Originates, conducts and participates in mortgage related promotional events/activities and educational seminars.
- Manages own mortgage loan pipeline; responsible for building the pipeline, working the loan until it closes ensuring that minimum production volume is consistently achieved.
- Provides desk time for Call Center incoming calls; responding to member inquiries, quoting rates, taking member applications.
- Continuously collaborates with loan processors and underwriters throughout the loan process to obtain all requisite loan documentation and ensure an exceptional member experience as well as promote communication and teamwork.
- Cross sells other Credit Union products.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- Minimum two years mortgage loan officer experience.
- Thorough knowledge of entire mortgage process from origination to end servicing.
- Solid understanding of applicable rules, laws and regulations pertaining to financial institutions, specifically credit unions, including mortgage lending.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Nuvision products and services.
- Excellent sales and counseling skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential for interacting with member and referral sources.
- Active listener with demonstrated ability to generate needs based solutions.
- Represent the Credit Union in a professional/member centric manner.
- NMLS Registration Required
Education: High school diploma or GED plus college level coursework in related business classes.
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place