Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Operations Member Service Representative in any of the following locations: San Antonio, Texas; Los Angeles, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; San Diego, California; Phoenix, Arizonia; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Jacksonville Beach, Flordia. The primary purpose of this job is to provide detailed guidance and support by answering inbound calls from members on loan files for a refinance or a purchase mortgage loan, ensuring exceptional member experience and developing a strong relationship for completing application updates and standard tasks related to processing loan files. The incumbent provides ongoing communication to members and internal and external business partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Answer incoming calls from members regarding the status of their mortgage loans and take appropriate action for each call.
- Maintain availability to answer inbound calls from members regarding loan file status/issues.
- Process telephone requests to review loan files for completeness and accuracy. Serve as alternative processor on loans. Responsible for generating Account Condition Letter (ACL) per Regulation B requirements.
- Ensure all member issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner including escalating the complaint to Member Relations department and utilizing complaint process through the Everest Tracking System, as needed or required.
- Act as member’s main point of contact throughout the entire mortgage process, ensuring excellent levels of member service.
- Document all member contacts and inquires by adding comments on the mortgage loan into the loan originating system (LOS) and updating account demographics as necessary.
- Review and be familiar with member’s loan application; including credit history, income levels and assets/liabilities; debt- to-income and loan-to-value ratios.
- Maintain general knowledge regarding reviewing and addressing items involving loan product, credit, occupancy and employment verifications and ordering verbal verification of employment (VVOE) for pay-off accounts.
- Request action from Disclosure Desk and other internal partners as required by valid change in circumstances.
- Collect, analyze and ingest documents into loan file in LOS.
- Update loan origination system with the information from collected documents and re-run Desktop Underwriter (DU) as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of processing home equity loans.
- Assist Processor to assemble and submit completed file to Underwriting (UW); assist to cure title issues, resolve appraisal discrepancies with appraisal review group as needed.
- Assist Processor to clear any prior-to-fund conditions that arise after final UW approval before moving loan to Closing.
- Remain as main point of contact with member through closing and funding and answer any questions that borrower may have.
• Assist with any cures QC loan issues that require member communication.
- As required, ensure proper re-disclosures are prepared and delivered to the member within regulatory guidelines based on identified change in circumstances.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with Mortgage or Home Equity processing is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain loan information and complete research for members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a phone queue/call center environment.
- Abitlity to effectively communicate via phone throughout entire shift.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, priority work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LoanServ, Penguin, Hogan, and any other mortgage software.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.