Analyst, Mortgage Servicing Quality Assurance
PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Analyst, Mortgage Servicing Quality Assurance in Frisco, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to perform quality assurance reviews related to various aspects of mortgage loan servicing, with a primary focus on loss mitigation, collections, bankruptcy, and other aspects of non-performing loans, with the goal of safeguarding Pentagon Federal’s (PenFed) assets and mitigating operational, reputational, and financial risk. Provide value-added expertise to partners in enhancing/implementing new servicing concepts, techniques, and standards within process guidelines. Problem-solve for complex issues, and implement new methodology, processes, procedures to benefit the servicing strategy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Under the supervision of the manager/director, closely partner with internal business units in the development and implementation of QA reviews, QA testing methodology, QA testing standards, and frequency of QA testing (periodic, targeted, or ad hoc), and may assist with the development of in-line controls to reduce the frequency of non-compliance processes related to mortgage servicing, including and not limited to escrow, investor reporting, call center, cash management, and loan administration.
- Support partnership with all mortgage-related departments to comply with Servicing guidelines and requirements including, but not limited to investor, PenFed Credit Union, NCUA, federal and state servicing guidelines and requirements including, but not limited to, established servicer performance benchmarks and PenFed’s servicing guidelines.
- Produce and present monthly business unit/process summaries and reporting for management
- Conduct root cause analysis and problem solving for internally and externally-raised issues in regards to loan servicing, among other issues. May assist with the development of remediation plans and assist with implementation of plans.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate internal processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels of internal stakeholders in order to build and maintain partnerships within the organization.
- Assist and support stakeholders in resolving complex issues related to member processes. Where applicable, manage exceptions and the remediation process. Recommend corrective action as needed to resolve outstanding issues.
- Escalate deficiencies or identified risk to management when established routes of remediation are insufficient, which requires a considerable understanding of Pentagon Federal’s policies and processes throughout the organization.
- Partner closely with PenFed compliance teams and the General Counsel’s office.
- Serve as a contact for the QA team.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of mortgage servicing experience in banking or credit union operations that provides a working knowledge of products, services, systems, operational policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance issues is required.
- Experience with mortgage servicing quality assurance is required.
- Familiarity with Lean methodology and is preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.