Motor Winder B, Tucson Service Center
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Operations Manager and is located in Tucson, Arizona. As a Motor Winder B, you will be responsible for executing Electric Motor Winding work and related tasks according to agreed workflows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
- Service delivery: Performs Service tasks, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.).
- Customer approach: Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and communicates them internally.
- Materials and supply: Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
- Documentation and reports: Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Troubleshooting: Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Operational excellence: Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further in the ABB organization. Provides recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Health, safety and integrity: Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
- Minimum 5 years in the Motor Winding of AC/DC/Induction 5-1000hp units.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Must understand and participate in inspection, testing, dismantling, teardown, cleaning, adjustment, team winding, wrapping, VPI, Final electrical testing.
- Manual dexterity. Ability to obtain an OSHA 10 and MSHA qualification (training provided).
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Must be able to work occasional extended overtime within the set guidelines of ABB Service Center .
- Ability to align component installations and participate in start-up is a plus.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.