The purpose of the Auto Palletizing technician is to maintain, diagnose, repair, rebuild, adjust, perform required preventive maintenance and install equipment within and around the department to essentially have zero loss of production. This individual will perform the duties as described below in the responsibilities section and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift and will be responsible for all necessary paperwork and documentation as they relate to the job.Core Responsibilities
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows all safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Works from verbal, written instructions, blueprints, and sketches to complete routine work orders, and preventative maintenance items.
- Performs preventative maintenance, routine inspections, and emergency work on all equipment related to the department.
- Utilizes hand tools and common shop machinery.
- Reports abnormal operating conditions or major repair requirements to shift supervisor, and assists in implementing remedial action and logs all information down in daily log book of any repairs or corrections.
- Must be able to but not limited to troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other system failures.
- Must have welding and fabrication experience.
- Must be proficient in utilizing test equipment including, but not limited to Voltage meter, current meter in diagnosing and repairing of equipment.
- Strong reading, math, writing, analytical, skills required and high school diploma or GED equivalent. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to perform assigned work tasks efficiently and independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have physical strength sufficient to perform heavy physical tasks on a periodic basis and able to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work on elevated areas.
- Experience: At least 4 + years in industrial mechanical maintenance preferably in a food manufacturing.
- Associates Degree
- Good Communication & team skills
- Fork lift, genie lift, and scissor lift operator experience
- Pipe fitting experience
- Welding experience. (Mig, Stick, and Tig welding)
- Proficient in electricity, electronics, PLC’s, logic, power transmissions, welding, & pneumatics
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Department environment will consist of temperature between 32 & 50 degrees.
- Noise level in the work environment is typically elevated.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits