WUTV/WNYO in Buffalo, New York, has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)! We are looking for someone who is ready to respond to breaking news and help determine whether it’s a package or live shot. We want someone who doesn’t follow the pack. We are looking for diggers who find original, impactful stories that hold the powers accountable, ask tough questions, question the answers, follow how tax dollars are being spent and keep an eye on Government to make sure it is doing its job. Some days you might only be shooting, and some days might include putting together your own package. You will also be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
- Reporting, shooting and editing news stories for Buffalo
- Reporting, shooting and editing regional coverage for all Sinclair Upstate New York Stations
- Producing daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television
- Enterprise/Original/Impactful story ideas
- Developing contacts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of reporting experience is preferred
- Experience with live shots is required
- Sharp news judgment and strong technical skills are essential
- Must be a creative storyteller
- Must be able to develop contacts and sources
- Understands the importance and strategic use of social media
- Available for community events and appearances
- Experience with iNews, Live-U, and AVID is a plus
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.