KHGI is looking for an eager and driven Multi-Media Journalist. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting on all kinds of platforms. We're not just a TV station... We're a content everywhere station! You'll be enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, shooting, editing, writing, and going live on TV and on various social media platforms to alert, protect and empower our viewers. Of course, other responsibilities will be assigned as the needs warrants and you will be cross-training as a news producer. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
- Sharp news judgment
- The ability to tell great visual stories
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- The ability to work well independently and with your team
- You must crave feedback and willingly put it into practice
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous reporting experience is desired but we will train someone fresh out of college with a journalism or multi-media degree.
- Experience with live shots is strongly desired as we are looking for candidates with a solid on-camera presence.
- Experience with Live-U, Avid, and iNews is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
NTV News and our parent company, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.