SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the sales and marketing of our NIRT (Non Inspection Related Testing) activities including the development of sales growth plan, generation of required reports, establishing and maintaining customer relationships and enhancement of the image and reputation of SGS in the marketplace.
- Increases sales and grows profitability in assigned accounts.
- Establishes sales growth plan through the development and regular update of Sales Target Sheets.
- Develops sales skills, in addition to technical service knowledge, in order to sell multiple product lines and to be able to develop cross-selling opportunities across business lines as they present themselves.
- Maintains sales information systems and expense reporting systems via communications of weekly highlights, contact reports, expense reports, etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates and maintains business relationships with key customers contacts and management through regularly scheduled meetings, anticipating customer needs and ensuring operational excellence.
- Participates in entertainment activities with existing and new customers to develop and enhance our business relationships.
- Communicates customer requirements/opportunities to SGS sales and technical management, and other functional resources as appropriate.
- Continually involved in facilitating operational excellence by communicating customer needs to internal counterparts to ensure timely and accurate solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Increases industry awareness and knowledge by attending appropriate industry conferences and company meetings.
- Takes the lead on promoting self development through participation in company approved technical sales and leadership training programs in addition to on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Operates to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity.
- Bachelor degree or 10+ years of transferable experience in the industry is required.
- Familiarity with lab operations and equipment, as well as analytical testing is a strong plus.
- Must be able to travel to domestic and international locations, as required.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Professional credibility coupled with business acumen and advanced negotiation skills.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills, as well as significant prior experience crafting important internal communications.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in an organization.
- Must have unquestionable business and personal integrity ethical standards.
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact are critical to the success of this individual.
- The tenacity and personal drive appropriate for winning new business.
- Demonstrates a collaborate approach to problem solving for win/win solutions with peer team members, management and customers.
- Able to juggle multiple demands while working in a fast paced environment
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact are critical to the success of this individual
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.