At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
NPHS IT enables technology solutions for the Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions business unit of Cardinal Health. From more than 150+ locations in the U.S., the business unit manufactures and dispenses time-critical pharmaceuticals used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. NPHS IT is a product-centric team operating in a DevSecOps model which includes a dedicated business product owner and a geographically dispersed team. The technology includes custom developed solutions used internally and commercially.
A candidate for this job should have a desire to work in an Agile & DevSecOps team that is evolving around next generation cloud-friendly solutions and practices. The role will have the opportunity to work on new technologies, become a full-stack developer, and grow technical leadership skills.
Some responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining cloud-friendly applications using multiple cloud-based technologies
- Driving automated testing and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (e.g., Concourse, Jenkins)
- Working closely with the business product owners and DevSecOps teams to prioritize features in the backlogs
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Programming and application development experience including one or more of the following technologies: JAVA, JAVA Spring Boot, Angular, Hibernate, Groovy, .NET
- Ability and aptitude for cloud-based software development in a team environment
- Passion/self-motivation for on-going continuous learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred
- Excellent organizational skills preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Apply comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Work on projects of varied scopes and complexity
- Practice Agile and DevSecOps methods in a geographically dispersed team
- Participate in every stage of the application lifecycle
- Maintain environment availability and stability
- Participate and contribute to code reviews
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.