Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide professional work experiences that are significant and meaningful to your career and academic goals; enable you to explore the fascinating and unique world of intelligence; and give you the opportunity to serve your country? The NSA Summer Internship - Business & Workforce Support offers training and experience within a multi-faceted organization that is not only focused on STEM. This program will provide an opportunity to attend various operational tours within Workforce Support organizations around NSA to fully appreciate what the agency does in defense of our nation.
Please apply to this advertisement if you are majoring in the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Interior Design
- Building Automation/HVAC
- Construction Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Criminal Justice
- Communications/Public Affairs
- Multimedia Production
- Graphic Design
- Archives or Conservation
- Homeland Security
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Health Education
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Rehabilitation Counseling or similar counseling degree program
- Sign Language Interpretation
- Human Resources
If you are familiar with NSA's individual internal programs, please apply to this advertisement if you are interested in the following internships:
- Business Management & Acquisition (BM&A) Summer Intern Program
- Installations & Logistics (I&L) Summer Intern Program
- Signals Intelligence Collection Program
- Summer Strategic Communication Summer Intern Program
- Security & Counterintelligence Summer Intern Program
- Office of Reasonable Accommodation & Accessibility Summer Program
- Human Resources Summer Intern Program
- Well Being Services Summer Program
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology Summer Program
- Office of the Inspector General Summer Intern Program
- Civil Liberties, Privacy and Transparency Summer Program (CLPT)
While the majority of positions available are at Ft. Meade, MD, we have available positions at our other U.S. sites: Hawaii, Colorado, Texas & Georgia. Please indicate in your online application if you are interested in any of these field sites.
- Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
- Students who attend school in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket. Travel reimbursement will not be provided to our location in Hawaii.
- Daily transportation to and from work is NOT provided. Students participating in the program are highly encouraged to bring a vehicle. Carpooling with other students MAY be available, but is NOT guaranteed.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA's main HQs campus. Housing accommodations are NOT provided for any of our field sites.
Personnel assigned to Support Services are on the front lines of delivering the best in customer service, technical support, administrative and management services. From Office Assistants to Sign Language Interpreters, these personnel serve as the focal points for organizations that require assistance with operational and administrative issues, records management, journalistic ideas, products and services and the coordination of reasonable accommodations and education.
To be accepted into the NSA Summer Internship - Business & Workforce Support, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be eligible to be granted a TS/SCI/TK security clearance after successfully completing a background investigation that includes passing a Full-Scope Polygraph and a Psychological Evaluation;
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college work completed;
- Be a currently enrolled college student (undergraduate, graduate or doctorate program) at time of application. Those entering their final year of a degree program cannot be considered unless they are immediately entering graduate school in the Fall of 2022;
- Be available and in the U.S. for operational and technical interviews and other applicable processing, both in-person and via telephone/internet, between the months of November 2021 and March 2022;
- Be pursuing a major listed above.
To apply for this position, please click the `Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the `Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
***IMPORTANT: If you are interested in a specific internal program listed above, please indicate the name of the program(s) within the `Other Professional Details' or `Cover Letter' section of your profile.
***PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for our summer internships, your application package is not considered complete until the following items have been emailed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] in addition to your online application.
- Official transcript (unofficial will be accepted if legible)
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members or supervisors who can speak directly to your educational background
- PDF copy of your current resume
- Cover Letter (Optional) listing your interest in NSA's summer internships
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions about NSA Summer Internships, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at 410-854-4726.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.