National Account Manager, Oil and Gas
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within the System Drives, National Account Manager, Oil and Gas is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships at various levels, developing supplier preference, delivering growth in orders and share of wallet, and managing account strategies at defined key accounts for Motion in Houston, Texas.
Reporting to the Sales Director of Project Sales in the U.S. Powertrain Packaging Business and stationed, you will be responsible for driving collaboration across relevant Divisions of ABB to ensure the best possible Customer experience. This role is ultimately responsible for driving year-over-year growth at assigned accounts.
- Develop and lead strategic short- and long-term plans for assigned key and development accounts to meet financial objectives and provide quarterly summary reports and monthly sales forecasts for the same
- Lead early and continuous Customer engagement efforts to identify and pursue Capex projects, managing the Customer experience throughout the entire sales cycle
- Coordinate strategic sales activities with various Divisions of ABB by building cross-Division account teams to enable System Drives Packaging to effectively serve assigned accounts, Build and maintain executive relationships in client organizations and engage ABB sponsors as necessary
- Negotiate legal and commercial frame agreements and coordinate efforts to ensure ABB is on Approved Vendors lists for targeted projects
- Track all sales and account activities in SalesForce.com, including opportunity management and coordination with Tendering, other ABB Divisions, Segment managers, Product managers, and business development functions
- Engage with Segment and Product Management, Tendering and Sales Support, to influence specifications and develop opportunities in a way to make them favorable to ABB's portfolio and capabilities and after project RFQ's are issued and throughout the bidding phase, work closely with Tendering team to ensure best-in-class Customer experience and on-time proposals
- Coordinate new opportunity qualification, both technically and commercially, to drive increased hit rates
- Provide "in-kind" product quotations wherever possible utilizing defined tools and methods and provide feedback on Customer budgets and market price levels
- Associates degree in technical field and minimum 8 years of experience in Drives Sales or related Industry Experience, Process Industry knowledge around applications, products, and competition
- Travel up to 50%
- Comprehensive knowledge of medium voltage variable frequency drives, motors, and project sales
- Highly skilled at developing and growing relationships at various levels of a Customer organization
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and can think strategically through complex scenarios
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.