Are you a driven and motivated Sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, building relationships with customers, collaborating with great internal teams, being innovative to achieve business results? Then join one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have built a culture that places enormous value on each individual, our animals, the environment and the communities we all share. Smithfield Foods and our Sales teams are consistently evolving and looking for individuals that can help foster relationships and achieve results to impact our bottom line!
As a Sales Team member, your primary responsibility would be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales on key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Whether it is bacon, ham, fresh pork or another product category you will work directly with the customers and cross-functional with everyone from Business Management to our Plant Operations to deliver the service and products to our customers and consumers.
Responsible for the maintenance and growth of national chain accounts. Works with marketing, business and trade to develop sales programs. Introduces and places new products with customers, executes organizational initiatives and develops programs to drive sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Manages and develops broker partnerships and retail or foodservice execution for key customers.Core Responsibilities
- Makes sales calls in relation to national and regional account chains to promote growth of current accounts.
Establish Business with Existing Accounts
- Maintains established business with existing accounts for continued growth.
Product Management and Research and Development Efforts
- Keeps informed of product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
Communication with Managers and Brokers and Customer Service
- Establishes and maintains open communication with Regional Managers and Brokers on all customer activities.
- Works with corporate to ensure quick resolution of any customer service issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 plus years of experience in retail or foodservice meat trade; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Existing customer contacts with large National chain accounts, preferred.
- Must understand the dynamics of the food business and how the account is positioned in the retail or foodservice channel.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, including IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Understanding of product cuttings \u2013 comfort and knowledge of product attributes, preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
- Ability to influence others not directly under his or her authority.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP, preferred.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits