The National Program Director (NPD) is responsible for leading the overall operation of the contract including creating business plans to achieve program goals, delivering sales performance, and executing sales operation functions, such as budget planning, ICP plan, sales meeting planning, sales training, sales personnel development, and determining convention staffing. . Immediate responsibilities include the timely recruitment, selection, and evaluation of the highest quality 10 Pharmaceutical Field Sales Representative (FSR). The NPD trains, coaches, and develops FSR’s in best practice methods to achieve contract goals and objectives. Pulls through client provided sales direction, guidance, and strategic plans for the program. Plans, organizes and monitors activities/projects to maximize the business potential for client and influence contract renewals and expansions. Provides information and suggestions to Publicis Health leadership team related to sales strategies, sales plans, market share data, and performance management.
• Deliver contract goals/results to ensure that all contract requirements are being met.
• Translate program requirements, based on the executed Statement of Work, into strategic initiatives for successful execution of contractual deliverables.
• Responsible for maximizing contract profitability by managing revenue generating sales staff and program expenses within the budget.
• Identify and implement strategic initiatives to reduce turnover and vacancies. Develop effective retention programs and creative territory staffing solutions.
• Identify potential new business opportunities including contract expansions and renewals for the Company.
• Manage a team of FSR’s in all areas of their employment:
o Communicate strategic objectives in ways that promote teamwork and create a strong sense of shared goals among team members.
o Evaluate and make recommendations on the training of the FSRs and telesales, including plan that supports integrated approach between FSRs and Telesales teams
o Develop and Monitor productivity/metrics, workload and outputs while ensuring compliance with policies and processes and addressing issues through corrective action process as they arise.
o Manage the recruitment, evaluation and selection of FSRs.
o Continuously assess FSRs’ performance as it pertains to project progress, results and timelines. Create and deliver written individual development plans and performance appraisals according to Publicis Health (PH) performance management policies and standards.
o Create a team-oriented, productive and positive work environment by developing and mentoring FSRs through individual and team meetings.
o Provide on-going coaching and resolve performance related issues
o Monitor compliance with all company policies and procedures and engage/work with PH Compliance to resolve issues and follow up with disciplinary action when needed.
o Monitor optimization of program’s resources (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.)
o Management of conflict and employee relations on the team, engaging Human Resources when appropriate.
o Provide administrative oversight –manage FSR’s attendance, approve time off, schedules, expense reports, etc.
o Ensure FSR’s are fully compliant with all laws, regulations and PH Policies, Code of Conduct, terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements, PDMA Guidelines, and all privacy and data guidelines and relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
• Collaborate with Client Services to manage the relationship with the client ensuring highest levels of client satisfaction measures.
• Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
• Represent client at National and/or local conventions when applicable.
• Partner with Client field leadership, PH’s Finance, PH field leadership and PH Client Services with tracking profitability and effectiveness of Client projects.
• Communicate to Client Services new opportunities among existing clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
Key Working relationships:
• Report to PDI’s VP & GM
• Manage a team of FSR’s assigned to the program.
• Frequently collaborate with client field leadership and home office leadership on strategy direction related to the successful execution of the program.
• Work closely with PH’s Client Services, HR and other members of PH home office support team.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with customers and client contacts.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Minimum 5 years of prior experience in a pharma sales role (i.e. as a Professional Sales Representative) – specialty pharma experience strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience at a National or Regional level
• Experience leading a program or a team on a national level.
• Experience leading a product or a portfolio.
• Project management experience.
• Ophthalmology/Optometry Sales
• OTC experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated leadership and people management skills; strong ability to develop District Managers and Sales Representatives, and ability to lead and mentor the team.
• Strong process facilitation, problem solving and analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
• Ability to navigate complex markets and organizations.
• Outstanding work ethic.
• Excellent selling/persuasion/presentation skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
• Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced environment.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to recruit, retain and develop high performing sales talent; ability to manage turnover and vacancy process.
• Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company
• Demonstrated technical aptitude, working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Veeva
• Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to leading the team within the parameters of the program.
Key Performance Competencies:
• Driving for Results
• Decision Quality
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Business Acumen
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Organizational Agility
• Motivating Others
• Assessing and Selecting Talent
• Developing Direct Reports and Others
• Strategic Agility
• Innovation Management
• Managing Vision and Purpose
Bausch Health Companies Inc. is a global company whose
mission is to improve people's lives with our health care products. We develop, manufacture and market a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health.
Bausch Health’s consumer health care business offers three extensive categories: Eye Care (contact lens care solutions and eye drops, among others). Skin Care (including moisturizers). Vitamins (eye vitamins and mineral supplements).