The National Program Director (NPD) is responsible for performance standards of assigned Pediatric Account Managers (PAMs). Manages various aspects of PAM employment experience (recruiting and hiring, performance management and corrective items, administrative, reconciliation and expense management, employee relations related issues). The NPD trains, coaches, and develops PAM’s in best practice methods to achieve contract goals and objectives. Pulls through client provided sales direction, guidance, and strategic plans for the program. Plans, organizes and monitors activities/projects to maximize the business potential for client and influence contract renewals and expansions. Provides information and suggestions to Publicis Health leadership team related to sales strategies, sales plans, market share data, and performance management.
* Deliver contract goals/results to ensure that all contract requirements are being met.
o Translate program requirements, based on the executed Statement of Work, into operational tasks for successful execution of contractual deliverables, and delivery of results.
o Manage a team of PAMs in all areas of their employment:
o Communicate team objectives in ways that promote teamwork and create a strong sense of shared goals among team members.
o Plan, organize and monitor PAM assignments, activities and projects to achieve Client/PDI objectives.
o Effectively plan and facilitate required meetings.
o Evaluate PAM territory performance and monitor productivity/metrics, workload and outputs while ensuring compliance with policies and processes and addressing issues through corrective action process as they arise.
o Interview and select representatives utilizing Recruiting guidelines.
o Respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies and business-related questions from customers and representatives.
o Actively respond to management/Client directives.
o Monitor employee compliance with all company policies and procedures and engage/work with Compliance to resolve issues and follow up with disciplinary action when needed.
o Manage conflict and employee relations on the team, engaging Human Resources when appropriate.
o Provide administrative oversight –manage team members' attendance, approve time off, schedules, expense reports, etc.
o Maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
o Comprehend and communicate complex technical and medical terminology.
o Ensure that PAMs fully comply with all laws, regulations and PDI Policies, Code of Conduct, terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements, PDMA Guidelines, and all privacy and data guidelines and relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
* Represent client at National and/or local conventions when applicable.
* Regularly communicate with Client field management on PAM status in the field and on program related matters affecting Client (engaging PDI field leadership and Client Services as appropriate).
* Monitor project status/changes and develop solutions to address arising issues by engaging Client Services and field leadership on issues that may impact revenue, client expectations or consumer perception of the client and their products.
* Assist Finance, field leadership and Client Services with tracking profitability and effectiveness of Client projects.
* Maintain project files and reports as needed.
* Communicate to Client Services new opportunities among existing clients.
* Assist team with utilization of all technology requirements: CRM use, expense and OSIM reporting, activity reports, sales reports and other reports as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
Key Working relationships:
* Report to PDI’s VP & GM
* Manage a team of PAM’s assigned to the program.
* Frequently collaborate with client field leadership and home office leadership on strategy direction related to the successful execution of the program.
* Work closely with PH’s Client Services, HR and other members of PH home office support team.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with customers and client contacts.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
* 8-10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
* 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience on a regional or national scope
* Candidates residing in Eastern Time Zone and/or close proximity to a major airport.
* Rare Disease
* CSO Management experience.
* Project Management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to develop and expand relationships with key customers and key stakeholders.
* Strong analytical and business acumen.
* Strong understanding and knowledge of Sales Operations, Alignments, Software Deployment and Incentive Compensation Plans
* Documented track record of ability to recruit, retain and develop highest quality staff
* Documented track record of leading sales teams that meet/exceed sales objectives
* Ability to build and develop a cohesive and effective team in a fast paced environment Excellent people management/supervisory skills; strong ability to develop Sales Representatives, and ability to lead and mentor the team.
* Strong process facilitation, problem solving and analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
* Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
* Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
* Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
* Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company
* Demonstrated technical aptitude, working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to leading the team within the parameters of the program.
* Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
* A valid driver's license and safe driving record.
PDI, a Publicis Health Company, provides best-in-class commercialization, clinical, and consulting solutions to life sciences and healthcare companies. Publicis Health and its business units specialize in the sales and promotion of pharmaceutical brands, services, and products through field and inside sales.
When you join PDI, you have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment where our employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities with Publicis Health business units offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the opportunity to grow with the nation's leader in healthcare sales.
One of our goals is to continuously drive innovation through our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work environment. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment.
Follow us on Social Media!