MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV's Network Administrator is charged with installing, configuring and maintaining MV's network. This person will perform system backup on external and internal web network servers, will design and support server systems and supporting software and will support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software pertaining to LAN. This person is knowledgeable of computer hardware components and software applications, network configurations and will perform deduction analysis.
This person will be also responsible for all information technology and communications function and equipment. This person will manage the overall network for functionality and accuracy. He/she will monitor all equipment and troubleshoot areas of concern when required. This person is part of MV's corporate team and will be available to MV's local team and client 24/7.
- Responsible for providing Trapeze software direction, desktop, server and network support for client operations according to Service Level Agreements (SLA). This includes, but not limited to, desktop and server repair, network maintenance, helpdesk tickets, disaster recovery and other projects as assigned.
- Support of analog, Digital, or VOIP telephone System, T-1, fax and DSL lines.
- Responsible for supporting local technologies related to transit operations, such as; Mobile Data Terminals (MDT)/in vehicle tablets, and Trapeze reservation software platform.
- Manage servers at local division; domain controller, file, application and database (MS SQL SVR).
- Meet and interact with client agencies providing reports and updates for local divisional office.
- Close interaction with the client's IT department.
- Managing complex IT projects, IT employees and outside vendors.
- Developing strategic operations and investment plans that weight costs, benefits, opportunities and risks of various IT investment approaches.
- Controlling and minimize costs.
- Ensuring suitable documentation exists and is maintained for IT operations and software development.
- Highly proficient with Trapeze transit software is a MUST.
- Proficiency with Active Directory, relational databases (MS SQL Server preferable) and networking.
- Proficient with the company's major IT systems, services and technology frameworks (e.g. cloud computing, server virtualization, application delivery controller, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of computer, server, network, printer and peripheral hardware.
- Experience supporting Windows 7, 10, Server, 2012 & 16, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Experience with desktop, server and network management tools.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- Familiar with backup and disaster recovery.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.