Sabre Systems is currently hiring a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will support the Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate Satellite Communication Division Enterprise Systems Branch and provides engineering/testing for evaluating strategic satellite equipment being considered for deployment at fixed sites. The selected candidate will provide intermediate level engineering and manage, test, and evaluate satellite communications equipment. The Network Engineer will:
- Test, install, configure, and maintain networks including hardware (servers, hubs, bridges, switches, and routers) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of information.
- Consult with customers to refine functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Read and understand schematics and utilize test equipment and perform documentation tasks
- Act as point of contact to provided technical support on a regular basis
- Be available for potential shift work as needed
- Assist with additional duties as needed
A Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline and up to two years (0-2) of related experience is required. In lieu of a degree, relevant military experience is required. Overall, related military or DoD experience is highly desired. A Security+ certification is highly desired and a CCNA, or plans to get a CCNA certification, is required.
The selected candidate must have the following:
- Experience with managing and configuring Juniper and Cisco Firewalls
- Experience in installing, configuring, and testing IP networking equipment (e.g. switches, routers).
- Experience installing, configuring and testing various network devices and tactical satellite communication networks
- An understanding of networks and their operation
- Experience interfacing with clients, providing technical support
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience should include configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols.
- Knowledge of SATCOM transmission systems.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to perform physical activity, such as climbing ladders, carrying equipment, etc.
The selected candidate should have the following:
- The ability to monitor and analyze satellite communication and identify and mitigate performance issues
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing antennas, converters, amplifiers, and various monitoring and AV equipment
- Experience using test equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzers)
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair satellite antenna systems and subsystems and various telecommunications equipment
- Experience conducting assessments and maintenance checks, and identifying and executing corrective actions
- Experience logging and recording required data, including, but not limited to, testing requirements and troubleshooting
The selected candidate must have an Active DoD Security Clearance.Overview
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor