Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Network Engineer to join our corporate IT team in Hunt Valley, MD.
What you'll be doing:
• Deploy and manage a diverse set of networks focused on enterprise-scale deployments and dynamic routing network configurations
• Develop network automation and day-2 operation practices for enterprise deployments
• Work with a team of engineers tasked with daily WAN / LAN operations
• Design and Administer Internet/MPLS/AVPN connections & diverse data centers utilizing BGP and other routing protocols with multiple peers and different routing paths
• Work with Security team to manage firewall rules, NAT, and site-to-site VPN connections using OSPF routing, and 3rd party connections developing sustainable and automated procedures
• Work with Systems Administrators to determine network infrastructure requirements for storage, HCI, virtualization, and other application-level network requirements
• Provide guidance and support for 24x7 broadcast operations for nationwide enterprise network
• Work with Cisco, Arista, Fortinet, Palo Alto, and other networking/security technologies
• Leverage SolarWinds for management and monitoring of network devices and services along with other opensource tools for enterprise management
• Leverage Scrutinizer to analyze NetFlow & SFlow data along with cloud-based SDN packet analysis tools to profile application traffic to identify and correct ongoing problems
• Provide tier 1-2 support to Network Team and Stakeholders as required on an on-call basis as part of a broader rotation
• Implement policies and practices for the network team to elevate the levels of service that the organization provides for a diverse set of stakeholders throughout the company
• Embrace DevOps practices bringing them to the Network Engineering team to accelerate deployments, standards, monitoring, fault analysis, and tracking of changes throughout our enterprise
What we're looking for:
• CCNA level networking required
• Understanding of LAN and WAN Multicast deployments
• Knowledge of Network Troubleshooting with a focus on the OSI model
• 3-5+ years' experience with large WAN environments
• 3-5+ years' experience with complex LAN and Datacenter environments
• Must have knowledge of Python and automation frameworks for network automation
• Experience in cloud networking setup and support is desired
• Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Virtual Network Functions desired
• Experience with Kubernetes and Container networking is a plus
• Experience with video delivery and broadcast operations is a plus
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a project team for large initiatives
• Must be able to establish personal relationships with stakeholders understanding their needs and how best to accomplish their goals in a diverse non-standard environment
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where 24x7 communications are required for critical applications
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.