Sabre Systems, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to support the Army at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. If you welcome a challenge, have high personal standards of achievement and are extremely motivated, we have endless opportunities for you to succeed. What does this position offer you? The ability to be part of a fast-paced, challenging, high energy team, the opportunity to apply your networking and engineering skills and expand your technical knowledge in ways you never envisioned. The chance to tackle problems and create innovative solutions. The chance to be part of something bigger! The option to live in a desirable, uncongested area with easy access to major highways and transportation connecting you with the prominent metropolitan areas of Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.
This position will support the Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate's Commercial Technology Integration and Evaluation branch and provides engineering/testing for evaluating commercial cellular equipment being considered for tactical deployment. The selected candidate will provide intermediate level engineering and manage, design, install and maintain Cisco based networks.Qualifications
A Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and two (2) years' of related experience is required. A Security+ certification is required.
The selected candidate must have:
- An understanding of networks and their operation.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and testing IP networking equipment (e.g. switches, routers). Experience with Cisco IOS environment.
- Experience in designing and executing laboratory and field-based testing of wireless systems.
- Experience in security analysis of wired and wireless networks, including red teaming, penetration testing, and reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of commercial and military wireless technologies and standards.
- The ability to perform physical activity, such as climbing ladders, carrying equipment, etc.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- CCNA or plans to get CCNA certification
It is desired for the selected candidate to have:
- Experience with RF laboratory test equipment and building laboratory facilities.
- Experience in wireless systems rapid prototyping, RF design and analysis.
- Experience with managing and configuring Juniper and Cisco Firewalls.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols.
The selected candidate must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Secret clearance or currently possess one and be able to maintain access to military installations.Overview
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor