This position does not allow for remote work.
This position requires 50% on-site work in Orlando, Florida each week. We are only accepting local candidates currently.
What you will be doing:
- Develops detailed network specifications
- Develops and recommends strategies for network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment such as routers, firewalls, gateways, and switches.
- Reviews and performs risk assessments on existing or new systems and recommends security improvements.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Performs network analysis and capacity planning and testing for organization's LAN/WAN environment.
- Creates, updates, and provides recommendations and documentation, for procedures and processes for all aspects of security and cybersecurity design.
- Maintains library of associated materials for all equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Assists in the design, installation, and testing of network topologies to support Internet and other data transport channels.
- Supports installation and maintenance of PC/Server hardware and software.
- Assists in the design, installation, and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux IP based LANs/Was/MANs and IP- based routing and bridging solutions.
- Performs routine and emergency maintenance of all data center equipment.
- Provides network performance monitoring and analysis and responds to physical and cyber security system hardware and software problems.
- Establishes response drills to ensure staff readiness and improve response processes.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations to improve network, system, and application architectures; perform penetration and vulnerability scans/testing and internal and external security audits to uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Monitors network security to prevent network intrusion and examines network logs to determine trends and identify security incidents; works with relevant personnel and vendors to investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Analyzes and evaluates LAN/WAN changes, additions, and reconfigurations.
- Contributes to development and administration of network backup and recovery plan to maintain LAN/WAN network systems operation.
- Identifies, corrects faults and provides resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from the help desk.
- Monitors and maintains the company firewalls, including Web Application Firewalls.
- Assists in solving problems related to cyber security or physical security including security cameras, security video storage devices, and access control systems.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of company phone systems.
- Undergraduate college degree in a related field (preferred)
- 5+ years of related experience (required)
- Experience in designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting a wide array of cyber security products (required)
- Network Performance Tuning experience (required)
- LAN knowledge (required)
- Network design and implementation knowledge (required)
- Hands on experience working with Cisco routers and switches (required)
- Windows and Linux knowledge (plus)
- VMWare ESXi Hypervisor (plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.