Represent the Sourcing organization on assigned NPD program teams. Interface with core NPD team members to identify, understand, consolidate and communicate the NPD program Sourcing requirements to ensure detailed engagement of all affected Commodity Managers in all NPD programs. Manage the procurement of prototype materials during the product development phase and ensure a smooth transition of procurement data to the tactical procurement group enabling production material acquisition.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the NPD teams and the supply chain to represent supply chains interest in project scopes, schedules, capital\tooling needs & special problem resolution.
- Attend NPD program team meetings and NPD related Stage Gate reviews as required to represent supply chain interests.
- Ensure early and ongoing supply chain involvement in the NPD process.
- Collaborate with sourcing specialist & RCM’s to develop and influence NPD supply chain strategies.
- Work with the financial analyst, engineering, sourcing specialist and the suppliers to identify material cost gaps and innovative customer solutions.
- Work with appropriate functions to estimate NPD program supply chain resource needs.
- Procure all NPD prototype materials during the product Engineering development phase.
- Recommendation on Make vs. Buy per New Product Development Project.
- Document supply chain activity in the appropriate NPD project management tool.
- Support Supplier Development through DGSS process
- Coordinate NPD supplier AVID events
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree - Any
- Travel Required: < 10%
- Experience Required: 2-7 years
- Must be able to manage NPD sourcing activities in a highly matrixed organization.
- Polished verbal and written communications skills are required for effective communication with the project team members and business leadership.
- Must possess a strong business acumen and the skill-sets required to:
- Evaluate, understand and implement sourcing strategies and projects to achieve optimal total cost.
- Tie NPD Sourcing activities to business financial measurements and results.
- Assess the economic impacts of supplier tooling costs, lead times, and unit costs.
- Experience Required:
- Sourcing, manufacturing, design engineering or NPD experience.
- Project management experience.
This is a position which requires a broad working knowledge of Operations, Sourcing and Engineering in order to align the groups to achieve overall success of New Product Development launches. This position is also required to substantially support and work with internal/external stakeholders in NPD and VA opportunities.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.