WUTV/WNYO in Buffalo, New York has an exciting opportunity for a weekend Anchor/Producer! This position will sit in Syracuse, New York. We are looking for someone who can not only light up the screen with hard-hitting impactful reporting and anchoring, but can also put together a show that makes viewers compelled to watch. We are looking for someone who understands our content and can create broadcasts that stand out from the pack. The ideal candidate will understand how to turn the ordinary into extraordinary. We are looking for an anchor/producer who can find original, impactful stories that hold the powerful accountable, asks tough questions and question the answers, follow how tax dollars are being spent, and keep an eye on the Government to make sure it is doing its job. Some days you might only be reporting and some days you will produce and anchor. You will also be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
- Reporting, shooting, and editing news stories for Buffalo
- Reporting, shooting and editing regional coverage for all Sinclair Upstate New York Stations
- Producing daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television
- Developing enterprise/Original/Impactful story ideas
- Producing fast-paced, visual newscasts that drive ratings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of reporting and anchoring experience is preferred
- MMJ experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with live shots is required
- Proficient video shooting and editing skills
- Sharp news judgment and strong technical skills are essential
- Must be a creative storyteller
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to develop contacts and sources
- Must have a strong knowledge of first amendment law
- Must understand and demonstrate the importance and strategic use of social media to drive page views, video views, and social engagement
- Must be available for community events and appearances
- Experience with iNews, Live-U, and AVID is a plus
- Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
- Smooth/pleasant delivery
- Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
- Must uphold unimpeachable ethics
- Ability to produce at least a one-hour live newscast that meet company standards
- Must be able to manage a remote team (This position is based in Syracuse)
- Must be able to produce content on the following systems: iNews, Avid, Company CM
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.