WSYX/WTTE is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of the strongest local newsrooms in the country. Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
- Managing the station’s news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 65+ hours of local news weekly
- Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!