We are seeking a full-time News Operations Manager for a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The winning candidate will be well-versed in cutting edge news gathering technology and have extensive knowledge in digital distribution of live and stored video. You must be a forward-thinking, hands-on manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to see possibilities where potential roadblocks exist. A passion for story telling is essential in this position. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements including the following:
- Manage the Backdrop news operations for television, digital, and social
- Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Partner with News and Engineering managers to plan for future technology to create innovations to serve users on television, digital, and social platforms
- Schedule and direct production crews
- Work closely with senior management team to establish content, philosophy, and direction of the news product
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback and coaching to all news staff in their work performance
- Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company’s safety program
- Be an aggressive team-player who can produce under tight deadlines
- Ability to execute during breaking news events
- Ability to work under a deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- At least five (5) years of television news experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.