WSTM NBC3, WTVH CBS5, CW6 & CNYCentral.com has an excellent opportunity for a full-time News Photographer/Editor! The candidate should have experience with non-linear editing and be able to work non-traditional hours. The ideal candidate possesses excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. We are looking for an aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines. The position, at times, also calls for shooting and live truck/device operation.
Job responsibilities and Qualifications
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- College degree or minimum one (1) year relative experience in the field
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer editing technology and Panasonic/Sony ENG Cameras a definite plus
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and be able to operate ENG news Vehicles
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories and live shots, when needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.