WSYX, in Columbus, Ohio, is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years, ENG experience with a network affiliate news organization. You will cover day-to-day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We are shooting full high definition (HD) on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for storytelling is absolutely essential in this position. Our news crews have all the tools to win daily coverage and we expect our team to win breaking news, extreme weather coverage, and the story of the day. We are the largest and strongest news operation in Columbus.
- We are looking for an aggressive team player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
- Must have a demo reel that demonstrates NPPA storytelling
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- At least three years of newsroom videographer experience and technical knowledge of editing and video camera equipment
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories live shots, and natural sound packages
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds regularly
- College degree in Journalism, Photography, or a related field preferred
- Ability to produce engaging and creative visuals for all stories
- Field lighting experience
- Avid editing experience
- Adobe CC experience
- NPPA Member who enters quarterly contests
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs, or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile, and over-the-air broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success results from extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!