The Technical Operations Associate role is to assist in all aspects of the day-to-day routine operations (video/content management, ad operations) with our Seattle tech ops team. This includes onboarding of stations, monitoring of performance/identification of service disruptions, ad break recognition, ad tech performance (requests, fill). The associate will have a significant role in QoS maintenance and reporting. In order to minimize disruptions to our service or monetization on weekends and holidays, the position’s work schedule will include weekends, with designated weekdays off. In addition, there will be opportunities to participate in ideation, requirements drafting and execution of new projects and initiatives, either internally or with external vendors. There will also be interaction and collaboration with the editorial, marketing, sales and business analytics functions.
This position is U.S. Remote Eligible, accommodating Eastern Standard Time work hours.
- Collaborate with operations team and other units (ad ops, analytics) and third-party vendors to ensure ongoing effective operation of NewsON’s various apps, video ingest and streaming, and ad insertion.
- Focus on QoS and testing of new updates, products and features.
- Work independently or collaborate with your team on large-scale projects.
- Work with your team to create and improve tools that alert to system outages or deficiencies and assist in our processes/workflows.
- Work on multiple projects and prioritize as needed, excellent time management is a must.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- The candidate should also be able to manage their time well across multiple projects within a highly collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of semantic HTML, CSS, and CSS extensions such as SASS or SCSS.
- Effective and professional communication skills working with team members, vendors and on occasion, partners (TV groups/stations).
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, creative and open to new ideas and patterns.
- Ability to use Excel to make sense of various sets of data (pivot tables/graphs/charts).
- Knowledge of video terms and concepts (hls/mp4/codec/transcode/wrapper/etc.).
- Understanding of video content delivery workflow (stream/cms/cdn).
- Would preferably have had some experience with CTV devices and/or mobile video apps.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.