WGME CBS13/WPFO FOX 23, in Portland, Maine, is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We have an exciting opportunity for a FT experienced, hands-on Newscast Director with strong leadership skills and an aggressive style to join our winning team.
- Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
- Experience Directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills necessary
- Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
- Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.