This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and to support a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. We are seeking a dedicated Director for our newscast. Experience directing live news, editing, graphics and television operations essential. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Direct and TD any assigned live newscasts and productions for Morning shows
- Create graphics daily using technical tools
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Manage production crew schedules
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a commercial news operation
- Working knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!