WCHS-TV is seeking a dynamic News Producer/Digital Web Producer to join one of the largest and strongest newsrooms in West Virginia!
This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment. Along with being responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on wchstv.com and other platforms as timely as possible while serving as a Digital Web Producer, the position also allows the employee to serve as a News Producer 2-3 days a week.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
The Digital Web Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including wchstv.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. The Digital Web Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
As a News Producer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk, Anchors and Reporters on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Must be a self-starter with solid news judgment
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
- Have strong writing and editing abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
- Compelling and accurate writing skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Professional-working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement
- The ability to work well independently
- Experience with non-linear, digital editing and newsroom systems, such as Avid and iNews is a plus
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- College degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Communications strongly preferred
- Some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station is preferred, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.