ABC7-DC has an opening for a Newsroom Administrative Assistant! This role will provide administrative support to the station’s News Director and other newsroom personnel. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and interact well with others.
- Assist News Director with administrative support for the daily operation of the station.
- Prepare expense reports, memos, letters and other documents
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Manage newsroom expenses and invoices
- Manage and maintain inventory of newsroom assets and office supplies
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Handle and respond to request for information and data
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- At least two (2) or more years of administrative experience is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, and Outlook) and Concur
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great people skills and a positive, can-do attitude are essential
- Must take initiative and be a problem-solver
- Must be detail-oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!