With minimum supervision administer radiopharmaceuticals and operate gamma cameras to produce accurate diagnostic studies. Willingly assist physicians in some therapeutic treatments. Performs all related miscellaneous task associated with the nuclear medicine department such as hot lab, quality control, record keeping, monitoring for contamination, etc. Willingly assist in other areas of the radiology department when available in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year of experience on a hospital environment, but will accept students from an AMA approved School of Nuclear Medicine Technology. Must possess excellent human relations skills to promote growth among staff members. Must be able to objectively make decisions regarding any associate or departmental conflicts. Must also be able to demonstrate good writing and speaking skills to communicate effectively.
- A.R.R.T., R.T. (N), or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (N.M.T.C.B.) registered or registry eligible and complete the requirements and become registered within the first year of employment.
- Must possess a current Medical Radiologic Technologist certificate with the Texas Medical Board or if a new grad and in training, must have started the application before hire.
- Maintain current licensure/registration/certification and provide the hospital with a copy of indicated requirements.
- Maintain current BLS certification.