This position will oversee operations of our Spruce Pavilion and Psychiatric Emergency Services.
Psychiatric Emergency Services
The Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) unit is a specialized, secure unit within the emergency department performing assessments, stabilization and dispositions to patients in acute mental health crisis. Patients of all ages are assessed by highly skilled RNs in collaboration with Mental Health Consultants to determine treatment needs. Patients can be admitted for inpatient treatment of referred to an outpatient provider. The PES sees approximately 450 patients per month.
The Spruce Pavilion is an acute inpatient psychiatric facility with a 20 bed adult and 20 bed mixed adult and geriatric unit. Spruce provides care and stabilization for patients with acute mental health needs. The multidisciplinary team collaborates daily to individualize care through: groups, activities, and medications management.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
Assists the Nurse Manager in the overall management of the clinical and administrative activities of the designated unit and department that they support in order to ensure patients the provision of quality care.
4 year / Bachelor's Degree: BSN required or in process; must complete within applicable timelines (Required)
PA Registered Nurse License (Required)
BLS CERTIFICATION (Required)
1-3 Years Professional Nursing experience demonstarting competence and leadership potential as a staff nurse. Evidence of continuing education (Required)
1-3 Years Nursing Management (Preferred)