Join our award winning team as a Nursing Educator!
Emergency Department Overview:
- Highest Single Site ED in Pennsylvania with over 135,000 visits annually
- ENA Lantern Award recipient 2018-2021
- 5 Bay Level I Trauma Center
- 115 Treatment beds
- New Pediatric Emergency Department (est. 2019)
- Shared Governance Councils, Committees & Teams include Operations, RBC, Education, EBP & Research, Clinical Care Excellence
- Skill mix of RNs, Child Life Specialist, Patient Care Assistant's, Medics, Communication Specialists and Guest Service Attendants
The Nursing Educator (NPD Practitioner III) facilitates the professional role development and growth of nurses and other healthcare personnel along the continuum from novice to expert. The NPD Practitioner functions in the roles of change agent, mentor, facilitator of learning, leader, champion of scientific inquiry, partner for practice transitions, and advocate for the NPD specialty. The NPD Practitioner III continuously assesses the practice environment and identifies practice gaps, as well as, forecasts potential leaning needs. The NPD Practitioner III identifies desired outcomes of the educational plan. Based on the desired outcomes, educational plans are developed, implemented, and facilitated. The educational plans are evaluated based on the identified outcomes.
*Master of Science in Nursing (Required)
*BLS CERTIFICATION (Required)
*PA Registered Nurse License (Required)
*Specialty Certification in respective area of clinical practice or in NPD (Required)
*4-5 Years Clinical Emergency Room experience (Required)