We believe in the power of people to create great care.
Pottstown Hospital is an acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We’re 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
The Nursing Supervisor provides oversight to multiple hospital departments in the absence of the Unit Manger. The Supervisor is responsible for addressing patient care, planning and directing nursing services, assumes administrative responsibilities, in addition to managing other issues that may arise. In this position the Nurse Supervisor will oversee nurses and other department staff. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position works collaboratively with all departments to achieve excellent outcomes.
- Graduate of a state accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred.
- 4-5 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting (Required)
- 1-3 years of previous supervisory or leadership experience in a healthcare institution (Preferred)
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Current license as an RN in the state of Pennsylvania
- BLS required
- CPI required within 1 month of hire
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Completion of NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 course training within first year