OEM Account Manager - Northern California Bay area
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within the Electrification Global Markets, the Sales Account Manager develops, implements, and updates the account strategy in US from the customer’s perspective.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, OEM , you will be responsible to develop and maintain productive working relationships with assigned OEMS (Original Equipment Manufacturer) at all levels of their organizations.
Ideal candidates for this role will be based in the Northern California Bay Area.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with assigned OEMS at all levels of their organizations
- Plan and implement sales strategies to maximize market share and margin, motivate OEM’s to prefer ABB Industrial
- Solutions over the competition
- Educate customer base about differentiating products with technical presentations etc.
- Generate cross-selling leads and make it easier to do business with ABB Industrial Solutions
- Identify and track upcoming sales opportunities and influence customer specifications to favor ABB
- Conduct technical presentations to create preference for ABB
- Introduce new products to existing customer base and identify target customers
- Meet or exceed assigned volume and margin measurements
- To secure large project orders for ABB’s Control products and utilizing full product breadth such as Circuit breakers,
- Disconnect switches, contactors etc
- Understand market pricing and utilize to successfully close opportunities
- Provide market feedback, competitive intelligence and hit-rate information to business and sales leadership
- Track sales leads, wins and losses in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, perform analysis on hit-rate data
- Create customer marketing programs (NPI launch, training) to promote ABB products and services
- Mine construction data (Dodge, bid board) to identify key trends in marketplace and new product needs
- Identify new customers and create customer profiles to understand ABB’s position
- Participate in industry and local construction organizations to build relationships
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with minimum 5 years of sales, marketing, account management, or field engineering, experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical industry and ABB products highly desirable
- Experience working with industrial users and OEM’s
- Strong technical application, take-off and proposal development skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, coordination and influencing skills and strong oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs and knowledge of customer financial drivers / needs
- Ability to utilize analytical software and sales tools
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 50% locally and regionally with the assigned territory
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.