Direct Sales is responsible for driving sales and services to new and/or existing customers through face-to-face or telephone contact to meet individual and organizational sales objectives.
Territory: Broward and Miami-Dade area
Responsible for selling that drives new sales of medical OR products lines, selling custom kits surgical gloves, surgical gowns, surgical drapes, and positioners products to the Acute Care marketplace in the assigned region, as well as increasing business within existing accounts.
This highly visible position, reporting directly to the Region Director, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing high quality medical solutions utilizing a solution based sales model.
- Driving sales to achieve sales goals across assigned product categories within assigned geography through:
- Collaborating with regionally aligned account executives to drive incremental revenue and achieve target sales goals within the context of the overall account strategy
- Identifying, qualifying, preparing, and executing effective sales strategies that maintain the existing base of business and support the close of competitive business and revenue growth opportunities
- Building consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users while maintaining positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners
- Developing mastery of all products and sales applications by demonstrating ongoing competency
- Presenting proposals, negotiating pricing and effectively differentiating product offerings
- Completing conversions and in-servicing, which includes demonstrating product applications, functionality and use –often on night and weekend shifts.
- Assisting customers with backorders and other related service issues when they cannot be resolved by the customer service team
- Effectively utilizing and updating sales tools to accurately address trends in existing base of business, create call strategies, and to manage territory and strategic business plans, including
- Leading territory opportunity development and activities that translate to accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual projections
- Completing all administrative requirements in a timely and comprehensive manner (expenses, compliance, salesforce.com, as directed)
- Maintaining and documenting required activity level – following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
- Educating buyers and promoting Cardinal’s products through participation in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows
- Demonstrating behaviors that enable effective product sales, including:
- Meeting and maintaining the requirements of all key vendor credentialing entities
- Maintaining knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPOs, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Fostering productive relationships with Marketing, Customer Service, and other key internal stakeholder groups
- Resolving customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advising sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative’s authority
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment (complex capital or tangible products including medical/surgical, copiers, payroll solutions, information systems)
- Experience working in a hospital setting or clinical setting – strong plus
- Documented history of exceeding customer expectations
- Medical Device (kitting) industry experience
- Key account development with experience accessing and developing key hospital decision-makers and influencers
- Knowledge of hospital acute market
- Ability to understand complex contracting and develop sound financial business case
- Strong computer acumen and business application
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration
- Documented history of sales quota attainment/exceeding sales goals (2+ Years)
- Must be able to work in an Operating Room environment
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.