SGS Transportation’s Commercial Segment, a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The SGS Commercial Segment is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, business development center, auction, B2B online, dealer testing & inspection, and certification services.
Perform accurate and timely off lease vehicle inspections and certified pre-owned dealer/business development center audits while acting as the liaison between SGS’s customers and their customers.
• Reports to the Regional Manager
- Drives a personal vehicle to and from assignments and/or inspection sites.
- Detects signs of previous damage or structural damage by viewing the undercarriage, engine and trunk compartments, the exterior and interior areas of the vehicle.
- Identifies scratches, gouges, dents and dings on the vehicle.
- Recognizes vehicle color classification.
- Determines excessive wear and tear and chargeable and non chargeable damages in accordance with established policies and procedures and customer guidelines.
- Communicates and exchanges information verbally and in writing with lessees, dealers and customers regarding products and services.
- May be assigned to work within other product lines, inspection types, or geographic areas.
• Assure the most efficient use of working time.
• Follow scheduled hours, and be available for overtime work as needed.
• Travel is required locally on a daily basis, with overnights in other geographical areas from time to time. Travel may include multiple consecutive days of overnight stays performing work wherever inspection assistance is needed.
- Call into the quality hotline once a week in order to get updates, training, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.