SGSTransportation’s Commercial Segment, a division of SGS Group based in GenevaSwitzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services toour clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The SGS Commercial Segment is avehicle inspection company for the study, development and application oftechnologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, techniciantraining, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenanceprograms, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industryinspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, businessdevelopment center, auction, B2B online, dealer testing & inspection, andcertification services.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform accurate and timely off leasevehicle inspections and certified pre-owned dealer/business development centeraudits while acting as the liaison between SGS’s customers and their customers.
• Reports to the Regional ManagerSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives a personal vehicle to and from assignments and/or inspection sites.
- Detects signs of previous damage or structural damage by viewing the undercarriage, engine and trunk compartments, the exterior and interior areas of the vehicle.
- Identifies scratches, gouges, dents and dings on the vehicle.
- Recognizes vehicle color classification.
- Determines excessive wear and tear and chargeable and non chargeable damages in accordance with established policies and procedures and customer guidelines.
- Communicates and exchanges information verbally and in writing with lessees, dealers and customers regarding products and services.
- May be assigned to work within other product lines, inspection types, or geographic areas.
• Assure the highest level of service and compliancewith contractual obligations, customer needs and Company policies andprocedures.
• Assure the most efficient use of working time.
• Follow scheduled hours, and be available forovertime work as needed.
• Travel is required locally on a daily basis, withovernights in other geographical areas from time to time. Travel may includemultiple consecutive days of overnight stays performing work whereverinspection assistance is needed.
- Call into the quality hotline once a week in order to get updates, training, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
• At all times,comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.